Costco is selling Don Miguel’s Mini Tacos and they are a treat! We cooked them a couple of different ways and, without a doubt, they were best when cooked in an air fryer.
We bought theses Chipotle Chicken mini tacos to serve as an appetizer for a football party and they were a massive hit.
Keep reading and we will cover the calories and nutrition for these guys as well as the best cooking instructions.
The packaging provides two sets of cooking instructions for the tacos.
The instructions for the oven and microwave are accurate but these are much better when cooked in an air fryer.
- Place the tacos on a microwave safe plate.
- Heat on High for 30 seconds.
- Flip the tacos over and microwave on High for another 30 seconds.
- Let the tacos sit for one minute.
Heating the tacos in the microwave is fast and easy but results in the tortillas becoming soggy. We topped this batch with some Green Dragon Hot Sauce and, while the texture left something to be desired, they were pretty tasty!
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place the mini tacos on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the mini tacos rest for one minute and serve.
The tacos turned out better with this method than the microwave but not as good as from the air fryer.
Air Fryer Instructions
We cooked up the rest of the mini tacos in our Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
- Fill the tray with a single layer of tacos.
- Cook at 425F for 5 minutes.
- Flip the tacos over.
- Cook at 425F for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and serve.
If your mini tacos are frozen then follow the following instructions:
- Use the BAKE function on your air fryer
- Fill the tray with a single layer of mini tacos
- Set the temperature to 375F.
- Cook for 8 minutes
- Flip the mini tacos
- Bake for 8 more minutes until crispy.
These tacos were SO MUCH BETTER than the ones we cooked in the microwave. The tortillas had a beautiful toasted flavor and the crunch was intensely satisfying.
The earthiness of the corn tortilla paired nicely with the mildly spicy but brightly flavored chipotle chicken filling. The mini tacos were great by themselves but it didn’t take long for us to start using them as the World’s Greatest Dippers.
We dipped the mini tacos into:
Very, very satisfying and tasty!
Don Miguel Mini Tacos Air Fryer Instructions
- Air Fryer
- 12 Don Miguel Mini Tacos
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Guacamole
- Arrange the mini tacos in a single layer in your air fryer.
- Cook at 425F for five minutes.
- Flip the mini tacos over and cook for another five minutes at 425F.
- Remove the mini tacos from the air fryer and serve with the sour cream, guac and salsa.
Let’s take a closer look at what you get with this package of tacos. You get 50 mini tacos enclosed inside a twin pack tray. Four mini tacos is considered a single serving and there are about 13 servings per package.
The nutritional facts for a single serving are:
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 7g (10% DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV)
- Sodium: 350mg (15% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV)
- Protein: 9g
The tacos have the following ingredients:
- Chicken breast
- Corn starch
- Tomato paste
- Chipotle pepper
- Guar gum
- Corn flour
- Soybean oil
Are Don Miguels Mini Tacos Gluten Free?
There is nothing on the ingredient list that would contain gluten. That being said, there is nothing on the packaging that says, “Gluten Free”.
I came across a Reddit Celiac thread where folks were discussing this question. One commenter said that they eat the tacos and never have a problem. Another person mentioned that these are produced in a facility that also processes wheat products so there is always a chance for cross contamination.
If you are extremely sensitive to gluten then I would skip this product just to be safe. If you are only moderately sensitive to gluten then you wouldn’t be crazy to give these a try.
Price at Costco
The 35 ounce tray of min tacos cost me $8.99 at Costco which works out to a cost of $0.256 per ounce.
You can get an 18 ounce package of Don Miguel Mini Tacos at Walmart for $5.78 which works out to a cost of $0.321 per ounce.
This means that you will save $0.064 per ounce (20%) when you buy your mini-tacos at Costco!