We had the Costco Ravioli Lasagna with Bolognese Sauce last night for dinner and really enjoyed the meal. We have tried just about every ready to cook meal that Costco offers and this is among one of my favorites.
Keep reading and we will cover the most commonly asked questions about the lasagna including:
- How long to cook the meal?
- Is the lasagna any good?
- How many calories per serving?
- How many people will it serve?
How Long Do You Cook the Ravioli Lasagna?
The instructions for cooking the meal are:
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Remove the clear plastic lid.
- Cover the meal with aluminum foil.
- Place on a cookie sheet on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
We followed the provided instructions and found that the pasta only needed 60 minutes to reach 165F. When we buy this again I am going to take the foil off for the last 10 minutes to let the melted cheese on the top get browned.
Is the Ravioli Lasagna Good?
The lasagna is extremely good.
The ravioli are filled with a rich, creamy mixture of four cheeses (ricotta, asiago, parmesan, romano) and parsley. The Bolognese sauce is meaty, well seasoned and pairs wonderfully with the creamy cheese filling of the ravioli.
The ravioli are large enough that you will want to cut them into 2-3 pieces which has the benefit of making them even better for scooping up the sauce.
This is an extremely rich dish which, when served with a Caesar salad, made for a filling and satisfying dinner.
Costco Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 tray Costco Ravioli Lasagna
- Caesar Salad Mix Or Green Side of Choice
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese Optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the tray of ravioli lasagna on a baking sheet and remove the plastic lid.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Take the baked ravioli lasagna from the oven and prepare the Caesar salad while it cools.
- Serve the lasagna with the salad (or side of choice) and top with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
I much prefer this ready to cook meal over the following ready to cook ravioli products also available from Costco:
This pan of ravioli lasagna costs about the same as the much larger tray of Costco Frozen Lasagna.
How Many Calories are in the Lasagna
According to the Burpy website, a single serving (198g) of Costco’s ravioli lasagna has the following calories and nutritional content:
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 21g (32% DV)
- Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV)
- Sodium: 860mg (36% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 26g (9%)
- Protein: 23g
As I mention below, you will probably be dishing out more than a single serving so plan on the actual calories count per “real world” serving to be about 600.
How Many People Will the Lasagna Feed?
The nutritional information for the meal says that the tray contains eight servings. That being said, we spilt this among three people and had enough left over for one more.
I will suggest that this tray is perfect for feeding four people. If you serve it with more side dishes than we did then you could comfortably lower the serving size and feed six people.