Costco is selling several varieties of Three Bridges Egg Bites and they are pretty tasty. People have plenty of questions about this product so I wanted to try to get them all answered in one place.
Keep reading and we will cover:
- Are the egg bites good for you?
- Are they keto friendly?
- How do you cook them?
- How much are they at Costco?
Are Three Bridges Egg Bites Good For You?
The egg bites from Three Bridges are mixed when it comes to being healthy.
There are two versions of this product being sold at Costco and their nutritional values vary. These versions are:
- Uncured Bacon and Cheese Egg Bites
- Spinach and Pepper Egg White Bites
The Uncured Bacon and Cheese Egg Bites use whole eggs and have the following nutritional information:
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 24g (31% DV)
- Cholesterol: 255mg (86% DV)
- Sodium: 460mg (20% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 3g (1% DV)
- Protein: 20g
I would not call this variety of egg bite healthy. With 310 calories, 31% of my daily fat allowance and 86% of my cholesterol allowance these really are not things that I should be eating.
That being said, everyone has different dietary needs and with only 3 grams of carbohydrates these egg bites are certainly keto friendly.
The Spinach and Pepper Egg White Bites use eggs whites instead of whole eggs and have the following nutritional information:
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 16g (21% DV)
- Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV)
- Sodium: 420mg (18% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 7g (2% DV)
- Protein: 15g
I consider these egg bites to be a much healthier alternative than the Bacon and Cheese variety however they do have twice as many carbs so they are not quite as keto friendly.
How Do You Cook Three Bridges Egg Bites?
The cooking instructions on the packaging for the egg bites are very simple.
- Remove the egg bites from the plastic wrapping while leaving them in the paper tray.
- Place the paper tray into the microwave.
- Heat on High for 90 seconds.
- Let the egg bites rest for one minute before serving.
I follow these instructions and the egg bites come out perfect every time.
The Three Bridges website provides the following heating instructions for using an air fryer:
- Remove Egg Bites from packaging.
- Place Egg Bites on air fryer tray.
- Place tray in air fryer and heat for 11 minutes at 375oF, or until internal temperature reaches 165oF.
- Remove Egg Bites and let cool for 1 minute before serving.
You should NOT store the egg bites for later use by freezing.
How Much are Three Bridges Ebb Bites at Costco?
You can buy a four pack of egg bites, with two egg bites per pack, for $10.99 at Costco. This works out to a cost of $2.75 per two pack or $1.37 per egg bite.
You can buy a 2 pack of the same product at Target for $4.29 which works out to a cost of $2.14 per egg bite.
This means that you will save $0.775 (36%) per egg bite when you buy these at Costco.