I have been cooking quite a few steaks recently and decided to try some with Primal Kitchen Steak Sauce (Organic and Sugar Free).
I don’t usually use sauce with steaks but it is good to try new things every now and then!
Primal Kitchen Steak Sauce Nutrition, Ingredients and Labelling
Let’s take a closer look at what comes in this 8.5 ounce bottle.
A serving of this sauce is 1 tablespoon and there are about 15 servings in a bottle.
The nutrition facts for a single serving of sauce are:
- Calories: 10
- Fat: 0g (0% DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV)
- Sodium: 300mg (13% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 1g (0% DV)
- Protein: 0g
The Primal Kitchen steak sauce has 5 fewer calories than A1 steak sauce but a little more salt.
The sauce has the following ingredients:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Tapioca starch
- Orange juice
- Ginger powder
- Onion powder
- Mustard flour
- Black pepper
- Celery seeds
All of the ingredients are labeled as Organic.
The labelling indicates that this product is:
- Non GMO
- Certified Paleo
- Certified Keto
- Whole 30 Approved
- No Soy
- Sugar Free
How Does Primal Kitchen Steak Sauce Taste?
I tried the sauce with some leftover top round steak that I had cooked with my Anova Sous Vide immersion heater.
The sauce has very good flavor that works well with beef. I hate to sound cliché, but for all intents and purposes, this sauce taste a heck of a lot like A1 Steak Sauce which is just about as good as it gets.
My only significant complaint about the sauce is that it is extremely thin with the consistency of Worcestershire sauce.
Customer Reviews for Primal Kitchen Steak Sauce
Let’s take a look at what other customers think about this condiment.
When I checked out the reviews at Target I was blown away that over 1,700 people had left a rating for the sauce.
Most people liked the sauce with 89% of them leaving either a 5 or 4 Star review and only 4% leaving it a 1 or 2 Star review.
Some of the positive comments reviewers left include:
- Wasn’t sure about this steak sauce but then when I tried it it was like oh my God good so no more other one you know the one that begins with an “A”.
- This is my favorite steak sauce. You will never miss the sugar.
- Primal Kitchen Steak sauce is excellent. It is the perfect blend of flavors to compliment any steak. I will definitely be buying more very soon. Everyone in the family enjoyed the steak sauce. I am sensitive to things being over salty and again I say it was perfect.
Some of the negative comments reviewers left include:
- The sauce was very watery the taste wasn’t bad but it need to have a more thicker consistency to me a little over a price for the size the quantity that you get.
- Sorry, but I’m just not impressed. I’m used to steak sauce being thick where Primal Kitchen Steak Sauce was very runny. If you like vinegar then you’ll love this steak sauce because I thought it tasted just like vinegar.
- I didn’t like this. It was too thin and didn’t taste good. I prefer Heinz 57. I like that the bottle is glass. I don’t mind other sauces from Primal Kitchen but this one was a bust.
So, overall this is a pretty nice steak sauce as long as you don’t mind the thin consistency.